Earlier this week I had second thoughts. Birthday parties for kids are quite special. They create memories that some children cherish for a lifetime. I couldn't hold that back from Sam. Rather than spending out usual amount on her party I opted for a surprise birthday party and sleepover for Sam. I sent out a few text messages to see if girls were available on such short notice. I was happy to hear that those invited all said yes.
I picked up pizzas from Papa Murphy's, we already had ice cream and just needed a cake. Thankfully my new friend, and Adelynn's daycare provider, Jenna makes cakes out if her home.
Nick took Sam on a Harley ride whe her friends showed up. They hid behind the couch and jumped up hollering "surprise!!" Sam was shocked and startled.
They played outside, watched movies, and giggled endlessly. At 11pm they were still giggling away. At 12:30am the floor upstairs was still creaking as they all lay in the hallway chatting away.
Bottom picture: Adelynn, Mackenzie Farrington, JoHanna Taylor, Sam, Isabel Siple, and Kyra Brochman.



No comments:
Post a Comment