Since my midwife, Angels Reid, and I expect me to go a few more days, she placed an order for me to have a Biophysical Profile Ultrasound. This is where they look to see if my unborn child has enough amniotic fluid as well as a strong, reactive heart rate, muscle tone, and practice breathing is taking place. Afterwards, I'm scheduled to go up to the maternity care center at Woodwinds Hospital to have Cervidil gel placed on my cervix to help soften and prepare my cervix for labor.
Both the biophysical and gel went great. I love lying there listening to my unborn child kicking the monitor, and hearing his heart rate accelerate with each movement before returning to his average of 145 beats per minute. By the time I got home I was having contractions every three to five minutes lasting up to a minute with each. Would this put me in labor? Possible, but not likely. I was to return that evening for another round of gel but with a change of weather, laboring mothers soon filled the care center.
Next plan of action was for me to call Sunday morning for gel and a possible admit Sunday night.
Instead, Angela called me and said that the procedure schedule at Woodwinds on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday looked pretty heavy. Which means if I waited to call those days to confirm my admit, I'd likely be turned away due to their already heavy schedule and needing to leave a few beds open for those last minute admissions of fast laboring mothers; something I am not. The plan: we'll need to admit you Saturday night or risk not being admitted until Wednesday or later and missing Samantha's year end dance recital. That was not going to happen!
We quickly began to pack for our anticipated four night hospital stay, as well as clean up the house and calling my mom to see if she can come care for Adelynn.
No comments:
Post a Comment