My Grandparents have a cabin in Luck, Wisconsin, on Bone Lake. I don't get up there nearly as much as I want. Now that my Grandma Williams passed away this past November, I am going to make this year different.
Growing up my sister and I would spend two weeks every summer with our Grandma and Grandpa Williams. It is there that we learned how to clean fish, how to water-ski, function a small boat with oars, ride our grandpa's three wheeler without crashing; it is where I was crashed into the dock while tubing because the swimming dock was closer to our dock that summer, than it had been the prior year, it is where I rolled from the tube in an effort to not hit the dock and turned my body into an underwater torpedo, it is where I sank to the bottom of the lake after going through the boat lift and hitting the dock then being pulled to the surface by my cousin's friend, it is where I was brought into the Amery ER for stitches on my right leg and given fireworks from my Dad as a way to say sorry, it is where I lost out on learning to knee board because of those stitches. I have countless memories of that place and I wish how my children could have great memories like mine.
Most of these pictures (with the exception of my grandparents and the kids on the swing) were taken September 25, 2010 when we were up to help take the dock out for the year,
and to see my grandparents before they left for their winter in Texas.
This was the last time I saw my Grandma Gerry alive.
My heart still hurts for her, but because of her,
I was given some of the most memorable times of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment