Every Summer since Seth was three years old we have a Summer tradition. All of Seth's cousins on the Brunner side of the family have underwent this tradition each Summer.
Every year I make one shave down the middle then say to myself "shoot!" I should have given him a mohawk. Seth asked for his Summer shave and this time I remembered. My intent was to leave the mohawk and then head over to Grandpa Jim's shop to watch the boys work on the car for a little while, let Grandpa Jim see Seth's new look and watch his reaction as we tell him that Seth wants to keep the mohawk all Summer. Then after we had enough enjoyment, I would pull out the shaver and remove the mohawk. I don't know if I am ready to let my son have a mohawk at age 7. Nick thinks that it starts with a mohawk and then turns into many other "labeled" behaviors.
"Give me a mean face!" and this is what he gave me with his missing front tooth.
I just want to kiss him and squeeze him!
He makes me smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment