Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enchanted

As mentioned in yesterday's post I just couldn't settle for seats that didn't touch the stage or at least allow a view where you can see details of Taylor Swift's face. My co-worker, Patty, and I went on a mission! On the day of the concert I was calling the radio stations like crazy. I wanted to win Meet and Greet tickets so bad! I flipped over to 101.3 KDWB and heard Dave Ryan (the DJ) great the caller as being number 97 and nobody was there. I quickly picked up the phone and started speed dialing. After two attempts the phone was ringing and they were at caller 99, 100... my heart was racing. Could I be caller 101? He greeted the caller as my phone continued to ring. I refused to hang up! I was going to sit on that phone until someone answered or until my heart slowed down to acknowledge that the phone was still ringing. Then all of a sudden Dave Ryan was talking to me. How I was one caller away to win Meet and Greet... NOOOOO!!!! I told them how I was going to bring my daughter for her 6th birthday and how she sings Taylor Swift songs in the shower. I was hoping they would still give us tickets. He told me that they don't ever do this but they would give me tickets to. My heart raced faster! My other co-worker, Loriann, came into the office when she heard me on the phone and later pointed out how I was on the radio the whole time. I had the radio on next to me but never noticed myself playing back in a three second delay. The tickets would be waiting for me at Will Call for Wednesday's performance. I already had tickets for Tuesday and became conflicted since they couldn't tell me where my seats were. Just that the seats were somewhere in the arena. Should I give the tickets away? Why should I be selfish? We were going that night anyways.

Patty kept trying to see if she could win better tickets. She won on K102's contest and like me, didn't know where her seats were. She didn't have anyone to take so we decided that she would use her second ticket since Seth was sad he couldn't go on Tuesday (even though he begs for her to be turned off when she is on the radio). "It's different when it's a concert momma."

Patty and I met at Will Call and my tickets said we were in G00 which sounded like the back of the floor. Patty's were section 108 which ruined our thoughts of switching tickets with two people next to one of our seats so all four of us could see each other. Seth and Patty found their seats, Sam and I continued to the floor to find ours. "Follow the edge up" is what we were told. I kept stopped at each of the attendents and they kept telling me "Keep going". You have got to be kidding me! I stopped at the two front security guards where we were given wrist bands with PIT 1 written on it, and a stick of Big Red. (I think the gum was for Sam because he handed me one and said I better give you one if I gave her one). We were given the lowdown of our area. No pop, No food, No videos, do not grab the singers, or set anything on the stage.

Since we saw the show last night we I knew exactly what was going to happen later on in the show. Taylor would walk down in the pit on the other side, go to the end of the arena for two and a half songs, then make her way into our pit and up the stairs back onto the stage. Sam was going to get to TOUCH Taylor Swift. Now... to make sure she doesn't pass out.

We walked back to check on Seth and Patty and found a little face covered in ice cream and being spoiled by his new friend for the next few hours.

Since Sam is so little, I had her on my hip whenever Taylor was on the stage. While holding her I was trying to snap pictures. She was so excited to be down there. Plus she was getting attention from the other 18 ticket holders who were in the pit with us. What an amazing experience! I can see exactly how she has won so many awards. Impressive! I also can't count the number of hugs and kisses my little girl gave me, nor can I count the times I heard "I love you momma".

Now for the pictures...

Main stage behind with NeedToBreathe singing

Catwalk behind with Randy Montana singing


Sold out concert

Taylor Swift rose from under the stage feet from us.

Patty and Seth were in the pie shaped section. Half way down.






   
Taylor as a ghost




No comments:

Post a Comment