Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nick's Pride

Nick purchased a 1977 Ford pickup truck from his shop teacher in college. He loves this truck! His goal is to rebuild this truck and drive it proudly. I was given the priveledge of driving his pickup truck although I feel a little stressed when it comes time to change gears - third gear seams to hide on me and then we grind. I'd look over at Nick and he'd smile at me but I could see the pain in his eyes. Whenever we would go someplace the kids wanted to take the truck. "It's cooler than the car momma!"

I have since hampered that dream with leaning away from the homes that needed work with huge garages to a house with a small one car garage. His pickup truck used to be in storage in the winter months and driven during the summer months. In 2009 he decided to park it. It now lives in our small little garage with flat tires, and the added weight of my four wheeler in its bed. The hood was taken off and sits in our basement, where Nick goes down and sands it by hand every so often.

We have hit a bump in the road, but that bump will not hold us back from making his dream come true.


Memories


No comments:

Post a Comment