My boy loves his sleep! He likes to complain that 7:30pm is too early of a bedtime but once his head hits his pillow he is old cold. Just like his momma. Where we differ is that Seth typically sleeps until 9am and I can't seem to sleep past 7am anymore. Well last night he stayed up late since we had company over. He played outside until around 9:30pm running the whole time. I brought him inside, we brushed teeth, put on some pajamas, gave him hugs and kisses and I tucked him in. I think he was snoring by the time I hit the stairs.
Well on Sunday morning, Sam (who went to bed at the same time) woke up and snuck into our bed sometime between 6am and 7am. I woke up at 7am to see my little girl snuggling in Nick's arms; it makes my heart melt everytime I see that. Nick left around 8am to head to his dad's to continue working on the Neon. He decided it would be best if he pushed the bike to the corner of our block then start it up. All of this in an effort to not wake up Seth, who would want a ride on the motorcycle. I could still hear the bike start up, but it wasn't as loud as if he fired it up in the driveway. I listened for Seth. All of a sudden I heard little foot steps running in the house. Oh great! Seth heard. I went to go see Seth, expecting to see him teary eyed because he missed his chance. I was pleasantly surprised. The running was Sam trying to catch Squirt. Sam and I watched some cartoons and snuggled on the couch. Finally the dining room light shook - Seth's feet hit the ground by his bed upstairs. It was 11:28am. 14 hours after he fell asleep. He is a growing little man.
![]() |
| February 2011 - 7 years 1 month |

No comments:
Post a Comment