Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just a bit hot!

Heat Advisory in Effect
Monday, June 7th through Wednesday, June 9th AM

Twin Cities temperature today...


Hottest June day since 1934! What?!
10:01pm and it is 93 degrees.

Sam's first day of soccer was today. One of then nice things about being the coach is that I can call the shots and cancel the game. I still had the players come to the field to meet them, hand out jerseys and hand out some informational stuff to everyone. I was quite surprised to see that of the eight teams of PreK/K scheduled to play at 6:30pm, at least five of the teams decided to still practice.

Seth's first day of baseball was tonight and it was canceled as well.

It took Nick two and a half hours to drive 45 minutes. He tried to stay off of the highways since he was on his motorcycle and the winds were not safe for those balancing on two wheels. He looked sandblasted by the time he got home.

Today there was no benefit to standing in the shade versus directly in the sun. Nor did there seem to be any benefit to the 30 plus mile per hour winds.

1 comment:

  1. Move to Alaska. It's 60 degrees and sunny. BEAUTIFUL. I'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete